Monday, January 12, 2015

Cruise for 1

View from my balcony

I took a cruise on the Norwegian Getaway in December for my 30th birthday, I went alone and managed just fine. I have non-genetic 'Ataxia', right now I can't walk but I have all my strength and consciously my mind is great!. The cruise took us to the Eastern Caribbean- ports were, St. Maarten, St. Thomas USVI & Nassau, Bahamas. I got off at St. Maarten, very friendly people and most stores in port were accessible, maybe 1 or 2 weren't, the 2nd port St. Thomas I did an 'Accessible island Tour Drive'- so it was a shuttle bus that had a lift so I could drive my scooter right on, it was a 'safe' way to see the island, Nassau I did not get off at because friends of mine had been their and told me it was a really busy port and I dislike crowds! All in all it was an okay cruise, accessibility wise it was AWESOME! Here is the video of my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment